SCR, SoPro partner up for music festival

South City Records and Southern Prohibition will host SCR Fest Saturday, April 9 at the Southern Prohibition Tap Room from 1-5 p.m. Presented by Turan Foley Chevrolet Cadillac Buick, the day includes live musical performances headlined by The Devil Music Co. Other performances include The Natural Act, Ladybird, The Electro-Lights and Ryan Godwin.

Tickets for attendees 21 and over are $15 and include live music, SoPro brewery tour and six 6 ounce sample of SoPro beverages. For those ages 16- 20, tickets are $10 and include live music and a brewery tour. Ages 15 and under are free.

This event showcases bands participating in the Artist Development Project, an educational program in the University of Southern Mississippi’s Entertainment Industry major that allows students to experience the process of signing and promoting a band and offers musical acts the opportunity to gain promotional and demo material.

“SCR fest is a great opportunity for all of our production and business students to work collaboratively and experience the ever- growing side of live music production, from a hands- on management perspective all while promoting local musicians,” said Jon Pluskota, USM assistant professor and advisor for the Artist Development Project.

Tickets are available online at http://mkt.com/southern- prohibition/scr-fest-ticket, or on the SoPro website at soprobrewing.com/store. Be sure to bring a photo ID to redeem your tickets.

The Shop Downtown will be offering $5 bring your own tees with the festival design and will have tees available for purchase. Other sponsors include Taylor Rental, Golden Eagle Sound & Production, The Dollar Box and Southern Miss Student Media.

In the event of rain, the festival will be held at the The Dollar Box Showroom. No refunds will be given on advance tickets, but vouchers for the brewery portion of the tour will be available at will call on the date of the show. Vouchers can be redeemed at the SoPro Taproom during tour times with valid photo ID.