Moffitt Health Clinic opens for campus community

The Moffitt Health Clinic, which opened Monday, includes a full service pharmacy where students can bring prescriptions as well as purchase over the counter health products.- Kelley Joe Brumfield/Printz

Moffitt Health Clinic, located on the first floor of Scott Hall in Century Park South, opened its doors Monday to the campus community.

According to a press release, this clinic now replaces the Beedie Smith Health Clinic that opened on the Hattiesburg campus in 1962. Moffitt Health Center increases the square footage of a the student clinic by 30 percent. This provides space for laboratory and X-ray activity, bigger health care provider work areas and a more accessible pharmacy and dental care area. There will also be an addition of 15 private exam rooms to increase patient confidentiality and efficiency and separate sick visit and well visit waiting rooms.

“This facility is better than I could have ever expected,” said Virginia Crawford, director of Student Health Services, said in the press release. “It is here to enhance the wellness culture for our campuses. I can’t wait for students, faculty, and staff to utilize it.”