Golden Eagles run seven PRs at Rebel Invitational

The Golden Eagles continued to improve on the season as the team traveled to Oxford, MS to compete in a 5K at the Rebel Invitational.

Seven out of the eight Golden Eagles who competed ran personal bests in the team’s second place finish. The team also continues to show immense improvement with their pack running, as the top five had just a 17 second spread between them.

“We talked about controlling our spread between our front runners and our pack,” said Head Coach Aaron Kindt. “Seventeen seconds from one to five is exactly what you look for, and now we have a lot of momentum heading into this block of training.”

Freshman Kate Mattox continues to lead the Golden Eagles as she finished ninth overall running a time of 17:38. Sophomore Regen McGee bounced back from a poor performance in the squad’s opening meet and finished second on the team, running 17:50.

Sophomore Savannah McMillon continues to have a breakout season as she finished third on the team running 17:52. Sophomores Monika Gebarzewska and Natalya Dekleva-Hall finished fourth and fifth on the team both running 17:55.

Rounding out the top the top seven was junior Madeleine Bell and sophomore Theresa Harto who ran 18:14 and 18:20, respectively.

“Really happy with today’s effort, Kindt said. “The race went out hard and I thought our team did a great job finding a rhythm, working together and not doing too much early on.”

The Golden Eagles will travel to South Bend, Indiana to race in one of the nation’s most competitive meets the Notre Dame Invitational on Sept. 29.