Fall Repertory Dance Concert’s USM debut

USM+students+showcase+their+work+and+talents+at+the+Fall+Repertory+Dance+Concert.+

Shannon Barbin

USM students showcase their work and talents at the Fall Repertory Dance Concert.

The University of Southern Mississippi hosted its first Fall Repertory Dance Concert between Nov. 3-5. The concert was held in the Theatre and Dance Building in Studio 115.  

The concert was produced by USM senior choreography majors with the help of their instructors.  

“I have learned so many different ways and tools to choregraph dances and work with other people, and even teaching even though I’m not a dance ed major, you still get to learn that and experience that and they are just preparing you for the real world,” said senior dance performance and choreographer major Francie Davis. 

Students have spent numerous hours of dedicating their energy and time into this concert, pouring out their passion for dance. The concert was an opportunity for the dancers to showcase their hard work and to exhibit their dedication. The dancers utilized unique choreograph to produce a story-telling atmosphere as well as providing emotion in every move.  

“Performing is definitely my favorite part. I just get so excited and so joyful when I get to perform,” said Davis. “I feel so energized and just like I’m living in my purpose and doing what I am supposed to do.” 

For several of the students performing in the Fall Repertory Dance Concert, this will be their last semester performing at USM. 

“This dance concert is honestly one of the more important ones to me because it is my second to last one. So I am in the next dance concert as well, but I graduate in December; so this kind of one of my last times that I get to be in my favorite place in the world,” said senior dance performance and choreography major Natalie Davis. 

The Dance Program at USM will be hosting its second dance concert in the Theater and Dance building located at 229-247 Ross Blvd November 17 through November 19. Audience can purchase their tickets through Southern Miss Ticket Office. Tickets cost $15 for adults, $10 for faculty/staff, seniors, and military and $6 for students. For more information contact Lauren Soutullo @ [email protected].