Pocket Museum unveils new exhibits

Suvi Lama

The Hattiesburg Pocket Museum, a unique attraction that has drawn over 300,000 visitors since its inception in 2020, has unveiled a new installation just in time for Valentine’s Day. The museum, known for its ever-changing displays and outdoor art installations, has added a sweet touch to its alley, capturing the essence of love and affection through miniature models and artistic expressions.

Visitors to the Pocket Museum will be delighted to find a new addition to the lineup of miniature model dioramas placed on utility boxes throughout the alley. This month’s installation features a charming Valentine’s Day theme, complete with tiny candies and chocolates that will surely delight even the most discerning of sweet tooths.

Sponsored by PEZ Candy, the exhibit depicts a cozy candy shop setting, with rows of delectable treats artfully arranged to entice the senses. From Mickey Mouse to Star Wars, each piece of candy has been meticulously crafted to capture the essence of a real-life confectionery. The attention to detail in the miniature scene is truly remarkable, with every element contributing to the overall ambiance of the diorama.

“I love the new Valentine installation,” said Ryan Johnson, a visitor. “I came here with my girlfriend after Valentine’s Day. This new installation not only showcases the incredible talent of our artists but also adds a touch of love to the alley experience. It’s a reminder that love and happiness can be found in the simplest of pleasures, like putting a lock together.”

They referred to Pocket Lock-It, the new addition for the month of love. Pocket Lock-It is a heart-shaped metal frame that couples can sign and decorate locks to “lock in the love”.

In addition to the new exhibits, visitors can also enjoy the Pocket Art Gallery, which continues to showcase a variety of small-scale artworks contributed by the public. The gallery’s ever-changing displays provide a unique opportunity for artists to share their talents and for visitors to discover new pieces of art with each visit.

The Hattiesburg Pocket Museum has become a beloved attraction, drawing visitors from far and wide to explore the surprising and delightful exhibits tucked away in the alley. With its ever-evolving displays and a commitment to bringing joy to the community, the museum continues to capture the hearts and imagination of all who discover its hidden treasures.

With its continuously evolving exhibitions and commitment to fostering a sense of wonder and appreciation for the arts, the Hattiesburg Pocket Museum has become a shining example of how a small-scale attraction can have a significant impact on a community. The addition of this month’s new installations are just the latest example of the museum’s dedication to creating memorable experiences for its visitors. From the intricate miniature models to the vibrant outdoor installations, each element of the museum celebrates the power of art, imagination, and community in Hattiesburg. Valentine’s Day might have passed, but the museum invites visitors to embrace the spirit of love all year round!