Echosmith to headline Eaglepalooza

Echosmith to headline Eaglepalooza

The Student Government Association announced that the band Echosmith will be the headliner for the Eaglepalooza concert. This is a free concert for students and the Hattiesburg community.

In the past, Eaglpalooza included performances by Phillip Phillips, Need to Breathe and Icona Pop.

“We wanted to give the students something fresh and new and exciting, and kind of our mindset with choosing Echosmith is they’re up-and-coming, and you know everybody is going to know their music,” said Eaglepalooza director Miranda Mixon.

Students waited in the Thad Cochran Center to learn who would be performing at the concert this year. “I was excited. It was kind of weird hearing their song on the radio, then realizing they’re going to be here,” said senior communication studies major Justin Cunningham.

In addition to the headliner, Eaglepalooza will include other performers. This year SGA is giving students and people within the community the chance to perform in the concert as opening acts. Solo artists and bands can submit videos online, and students will have the option to vote for whom they want as part of the concert. The applications are available now and can be found on the SGA website or the Eaglepalooza Facebook page.

Eaglepalooza will be Nov. 21 in downtown Hattiesburg.