Fans Wary of Netflix’s ‘Full House’ Spinoff

What ever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV? You miss your old familiar friends, but waiting just around the bend, they’re on Netflix.

We’ve been trying to bring the 1990s back for the past few years now. First, fleece shirts made their return, then “Girl Meets World” premiered on Disney Channel, and now there’s a sequel to “Full House.”

News that Netflix is reviving “Full House” caused my Facebook newsfeed to nearly explode with happy statuses from my dear millennial friends.

Who could blame them? I am excited to see the Tanners back in action, especially Uncle Jesse, my childhood crush. While nothing is confirmed, discussions are still ongoing regarding if Bob Saget, Dave Coulier, Lori Loughlin and the Olsen twins will reprise their roles, although it’s obvious that both twins will no longer be able to portray Michelle Tanner due to Mary-Kate’s plastic surgery. Perhaps that was why the Olsens were the last to be informed of the series. All I can say is, “How rude.”

Either way, I hope Michelle is a part of the spin-off. She was usually the one to put everyone in their place, and it just wouldn’t be the same without hearing, “You got it, dude.”

I’ll admit that, at first, I was skeptical. I’m not a major fan of reimaginings. “Full House” was one of my favorite shows as a child and I don’t want the sequel to ruin a good thing.

I keep imagining the revival in the same house, with the same furniture and the same dog, but things will be much different. It’s hard to imagine everything changing.

The title, “Fuller House,” implies that the entire family still lives in the house, plus some. However, reports imply that it’s just the girls and their kids.

The plot is similar to the original. D.J. Tanner is a pregnant widow raising two boys with the help of her aspiring musician sister Stephanie and her lifelong friend Kimmy Gibbler, just as her father Danny was widowed and raised his three daughters with the help of his musician brother Jesse and his best friend Joey.

It’s going to be exciting watching Stephanie and Kimmy, who were arch enemies in “Full House,” have to live under the same roof. I also like that D.J. has sons inste ad of daughters. It’s a fun twist on the original.

I’m excited to see if Uncle Jesse ever made his big break as a musician, and what happened to his adorable twins. Is Joey a world-renowned comedian? Did Danny ever get remarried? I hope the new series answers everything. The pilot episode will be a reunion for the characters, so hopefully we will be caught up afterward.

Reports say that “Fuller House” will be the same as “Full House,” just with a modern twist, whatever that means. As long as none of the actors are replaced and it’s just as cheesy as it was 20 years ago, my heart will be content.