‘Chaotic Wonderland’ promises to further up-and-coming boyband

The members of TXT in a promo for ‘Chaotic Wonderland’.

TOMORROW X TOGETHER (TXT), a rapidly rising South Korean K-pop group, just released their newest EP, ‘Chaotic Wonderland’, last Thursday, Nov. 10.

According to HYBE Entertainment (formerly Big Hit Entertainment), TXT, read as “Tomorrow by Together”, is a bright, youthful boyband hoping to break through as the world’s next hot K-pop band, much like their labelmates, BTS. The band is composed of five members: Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun and Hueningkai. Each member is different from one another, shining in their own way to create synergy throughout the group.

Though still relatively new to the K-pop scene, ‘Chaotic Wonderland’ had some hype around campus. When asked, Southern Miss student Myiesha Roberson said she was excited to give the EP a listen.

“TXT has been one of my favorites since they debuted,” said Roberson.

‘Chaotic Wonderland’ also features songs performed in an entirely different language. The EP, co-released by HYBE and Universal Music, features four tracks, including Japanese versions of “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You)” and “MOA Diary (Dubaddu Wari Wari)”. Songs three and four are also Japanese originals, called “Ito” and “Magic”, respectively. 

‘Chaotic Wonderland’ is TXT’s latest Japanese comeback, following their debut Japanese single “Magic Hour” and the first album, ‘Still Dreaming’.

While some people may not like a few of TXT’s recent songs, there is one on this album that (hopefully) many people will enjoy. The song “Ito” will be the opening theme in a Japanese TV drama known as ‘Spiral Labyrinth – DNA Forensic Investigation’, where some police and detectives hunt down a serial killer.

With that in mind, it definitely gives “Ito” a distinct charm among the tracks. “Ito” has a calm and smooth flow that you would listen to as you relax and unwind after a long day. 

The song also comes between “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You)” and “MOA Diary (Dubaddu Wari Wari)”, which are both upbeat songs, making for an abrupt tempo change. The song has a haunting that becomes apparent as the song progresses. 

The album is on YouTube, Soundcloud and Spotify. The DVD version of the album will be available around the beginning of December, just in time for Christmas, in case anyone has a TXT fan in their life. In addition, it will be available at places like Target and Amazon.