Pusha T returns with ‘It’s Almost Dry’, a potential album of the year

Last Friday, Pusha T dropped ‘It’s Almost Dry’ which is his follow up to the Grammy-nominated album ‘Daytona’. This album follows in the footsteps of its predecessor, excelling in its genre.

The album clocks in at 36 minutes and has 12 tracks overall, which is the perfect length between too short and too long.

The album is excutive produced by Kanye West and Pharrell Williams, which are arguably two of the best hip-hop producers of all-time, making a strong-selling point for this album.

The features include West, Williams, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Lil Uzi Vert, Don Toliver, Labrinth and Malice, a star-studded and unique list.

Pusha T hyped the project up by releasing three singles before the album with ‘Diet Coke’, ‘Hear Me Clearly’ with Nigo, and ‘Neck & Wrist’ featuring Jay-Z and Pharrell Williams.

‘Diet Coke’ might be the song on this project and it was the best from the singles he released. 

‘Neck & Wrist’ also shined with Jay-Z’s verse worthy of being played on repeat. 

Other than the three singles that dropped, ‘Scrape it Off’ featuring Lil Uzi Vert & Don Toliver caught me by surprise because it was an interesting trio.

It did not disappoint and Uzi and Pusha T were in a bag for this one with Don Toliver doing his thing vocalizing on the hook. 

‘I Pray for You’ featuring Labrinth and Malice was another good track. We got a Clipse reunion on the track and they did not disappoint. Also, the production on this song was amazing too thanks to the production by Kanye West and Labrinth.

‘Diet Coke’ might be my favorite but there are so many songs worthy of that title on this album that it might change after a couple more listens. 

But on ‘Diet Coke’, Pusha was floating on the track and 88-Keys and Kanye were golden on the production. It felt like one of those old Bad-Boy songs from the 90s that Biggie would rap on.

Pusha T became one of my favorites after the ‘Daytona’ project and it seems like he hasn’t missed too much since the project. 

He seemed natural and confident on every track, especially with the production by Pharrell and Kanye providing their iconic but fresh sounds.

This has the potential to be album of the year and has a lot of replay value. I give this album an 8.75 out of 10.