Fame, fortune: Is Miley in over her head?

WireImage
Miley Cyrus attends the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards at the Barclays Center Aug. 25, 2013 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.   Contributor
Miley Cyrus attends the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards at the Barclays Center Aug. 25, 2013 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
Contributor

Pop sensation Miley Cyrus was hospitalized with a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic Tuesday, April 15. It has been reported that she had the flu about a month prior.

Shortly following Cyrus being admitted to the hospital, the media began to run rampant with rumors about her health and her lifestyle.

This sudden outburst of concern caused me to think about the pop star and how she lives her life, how she draws attention from the crowds and what all this might be doing to her.

Personally, I have always adored the work of Miley Cyrus. So, when my friend called me saying she found tickets for Cyrus’s show in New Orleans, I had to go. Not only does the young performer provide her audience with loud beats you can’t help but dance to, but she also gives her fans a show they will never forget.

Cyrus begins her show by rolling down a slide resembling her own tongue. Throughout the concert there are large inflatables rising from the stage, lights and smoke going off, large screens creating trippy images and even people walking around on stilts. She ends her show with fireworks exploding as the crowd favorite, “Party in the USA,” comes to a close. It’s more of a spectacular than a concert.

As you can see, the young woman is very talented. Whether you agree or disagree with her musical talent, none can argue that she is not a true a performer. From the early days of Hannah Montana to her Bangerz tour, Cyrus has always astounded the public.

Lately though, she has shocked many fans with provocative antics, drug use and other behaviors her alter ego Hannah Montana would look down upon.

I understand more than most that your 20s are a time to experiment, a time to let loose and go out a little more than you should; but it is also a time that creates the professional you are soon to become. I feel as though Cyrus is running her ability to have a future career in music into the ground. Her immature antics and drug use will not get her far past the age of 27.

As if those were the only problems, now fans see that the pop star is also not paying attention to the wellness of her body. She is taking on a nationwide tour with little support from her family and without many of the friends she once had to lean on. This stress, on top of the rumors swimming around her, can cause even the strongest to crack under the pressure.

I am a huge fan of Cyrus and her work. Go ahead and judge me. As a fan, I have become concerned that one of my favorite pop stars is soon to be nonexistent, whether she decides to retreat to one of her mansions, is forced into rehab or worse. Cyrus is a performer, a very talented performer, but she is letting the fame and the fortune affect her in a very unhealthy way.

As Cyrus would probably say herself: She can’t stop. She won’t stop.