NEEDTOBREATHE set to headline Eaglepalooza

Mary Alice Truitt
NEEDTOBREATHE guitarist Bear Rinehart performs with the band in Starkville, Miss. Mary Alice Truitt/Printz
NEEDTOBREATHE guitarist Bear Rinehart performs with the band in Starkville, Miss.
Mary Alice Truitt/Printz

Eaglepalooza, the free music event hosted annually by the Student Government Association, is set to take place Nov. 15 and NEEDTOBREATHE will headline the event.

The 10th annual Eaglepalooza  will also feature performances from Rosco Bandana, Mack Wilds, A Thousand Horses and DJ Bionics.  Normally, the event hosts two or three artists but this year SGA took a different route and invited five artists to perform.

NEEDTOBREATHE is a Southern-raised group that began in a church setting. Two of the founding members are sons of a preacher and their background subtly influences their message.

If you are a fan of Mumford & Sons or Gavin DeGraw, then you’ll be pleased to see their performance. They have a pop- folk sound that appeals to the masses and will surely entertain those who decide to attend the event. Having won multiple Dove Awards along with opening on the American leg of Taylor Swift’s, this group has some major clout in many music communities.

Most young people in the Hattiesburg area consider Rosco Bandana to be a household name.  A Mississippi bred folk group with male and female harmonies makes for a great sound that has caught on in the Southeast region of the country. Rosco Bandana is currently performing shows with popular group Fun. and is continuing to grow in popularity.

Whether you like country music or indie-rock, this band will perform a show you won’t want to miss. They incorporate aspects of country and rock music, creating a unique sound that people are sure to love.

Nashville band, A Thousand Horses, will appeal to those country music lovers who enjoy the sound of a steel guitar. This up-and-coming group has seen some quick success with one of their songs featured on the “Footloose”  soundtrack in 2011, and they’ve also shared the stage with names like Darius Rucker and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Mack Wilds and DJ Bionics are rather under the radar will surely add some variety to the bill put together for this event.

For more information about Eaglepalooza visit www.usm.edu/sga/eaglepalooza.