EAGLEPALOOZA Festival set for Nov. 5

The University of Southern Mississippi’s Student Government Association (SGA) plans to host its 13th annual Eaglepalooza on Nov. 5.

“Eaglepalooza is one of the many traditional Southern Miss events that I have always grown up loving,” said Event Coordinator Nina Bellipanni. ”It’s crazy that now, as student, I get the opportunity to head up such a great tradition.”

Eaglepalooza is a free music festival open to USM students, faculty and staff. SGA works with student input and ideas each year to draw an attendance of more than 10,000 people.

“I take so much pride in putting this event together because it’s such a fantastic time,” Eaglepalooza Assistant Director Cameron Cloud said. “It provides the opportunity for people to come together and celebrate everything we’ve worked so hard for here at Southern Miss and just enjoy everything the university has to offer.”

In previous years, Eaglepalooza’s organizers have booked both local and national artists such as Phillip Phillips, IconaPop and Echosmith.

SGA considered student feedback and worked to provide R&B and hip-hop music for this year’s event.

Performers this year include local rap artist Nate Rose and R&B headliner Keri Hilson, known for tracks such as “Pretty Girl Rock,” “Knock You Down” and “Energy.”

Nate Rose said he was excited to perform at this year’s concert.

“I’m thrilled to be a part of such a large event that everyone seems to be so passionate about,” Rose said. “I think this show is definitely going to be one to remember, and I am blessed to have the opportunity to rock the stage this year next to Keri Hilson for the wonderful people at Southern Miss.”

SGA President Caroline Bradley said the committee worked hard to bring these artists to Southern Miss this year.

“We really worked together to find an R&B artist that everyone loves and recognizes,” Bradley said. “[We worked to bring] music that truly represents hip- hop and R&B.”

SGA also booked comedian Leonard Outzts for an opening act.

“The Eaglepalooza team has been hard at work, and it’s sure to be one of the most exciting and unique Eaglepaloozas yet,” Bellipani said. “Eaglepalooza to the Top.”

This year the event will take place on Southern Miss’s campus at Spirit Park instead of Downtown Hattiesburg.

“Eaglepalooza is such an amazing event we have here, and the fact that we can give it to the students for free is a bonus,” Bradley said. “We listen to what the students want and bring them exactly what they desire to listen to. Along with enriching our university, Eaglepalooza is giving thanks to all that students do for our school, and we’re happy to give back to them with this concert.”

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m., immediately following the Southern Miss versus Charlotte football game at Spirit Park on Southern Miss’s campus.