Country singer Walker Hayes to perform in Biloxi

courtsey
courtsey

Mobile, Alabama native Walker Hayes describes his style as a mixture of his country music influences with a focus on the beat and lyrics. On Oct. 14, Hayes will perform with country singer Thomas Rhett along with Dan + Shay at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Hayes said he was “ab-so-freakin-lutely” excited to perform so close to his hometown and see familiar faces in the crowd.

Of all the places that the singer would like to perform, Hayes said the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon would be the most exciting.

“I think he would be a cool dude to hang with,” Hayes said of Jimmy Fallon.

The singer has called Nashville, Tennessee home for over a decade after moving there shortly after college to pursue his dreams.

“I joked around playing the guitar in college,” Hayes said. “I got serious after I graduated college, though. My dad actually kept bugging me to play at an open mic night. After that first show 13 years ago, I called [my wife] immediately after and told her this was my dream and I wanted to move to Nashville.”

Ever since then, the breakout country singer has produced hits such as his newest single “You Broke Up With Me” and been named one of Rolling Stone’s “10 Country Artists You Need to Know,” one of Pandora’s “2017 Country Artists to Watch,” one of CMT’s “17 for 2017” and one of YouTube’s “Artists on The Rise.”

“My single, ‘You Broke Up With Me,’ is at country radio right now, and I couldn’t be more excited that everyone is getting to hear it,” Hayes said. “This is the first single off my album, “boom.” that comes out Dec. 8; it’s a playful song that I hope makes everyone get up and dance.”

Hayes’ newest album “boom.” is set to release on December 8 of this year.

“Boom is my favorite word right now,” Hayes said. “It is the last word on every text to my team when we text back and forth about great things happening… like…’Hey, we are on the Thomas Rhett tour!’ I reply, ‘boom.’ Or, ‘Biloxi is playing my song!’ ‘boom.’”

All of the songs on the album were written by Hayes himself. He said that he is inspired by daily life including his emotions, struggles and family (which includes the singer’s wife and six kids).

Hayes’ family is a huge source of inspiration to the singer/songwriter.

“I just hope people would remember that I like my family a whole lot; that I was a good dad and a good husband and that I am working hard for them,” Hayes said.