Oath Pizza opens in Century Park Learning Center

Photo by Brian Winters.

Oath Pizza, the health-conscious eatery known for its vegan and gluten-free options, celebrated its grand opening in the Century Park Learning Center Oct. 7. Samples of pizza, stress balls, shirts, fanny packs and more were given away to students and faculty who attended.

According to the Eagle Dining website, “Oath Pizza features hand-stretched crusts that are grilled and seared in avocado oil for a crisp unlike any other. We are the first and only pizza brand in the country to be granted Certified Humane approval for our proteins and all of our ingredients are ethically sourced; with no chemicals, artificial preservatives, hormones, or antibiotics.”

Oath Pizza also offers Beyond Meatballs, a plant-based meat alternative that is more environmentally friendly than real meat.

Aramark marketing manager Lauren Brescher said the grand opening was successful. Brescher said the Century Park Learning Center was chosen for the location because there was a lack of dining options in that area on campus.

“We met with housing and also held some focus groups with students who lived in housing surrounding this location, and they agreed that this would benefit them,” Brescher said. “We also wanted a late-night location that was very close to the residence halls.”

Freshman exploratory studies major and resident at Century Park North Elizabeth Jones said she was excited about the grand opening because Oath Pizza provides a convenient dining option and a place to spend time with friends or meet new people.

“I do believe this will be a positive addition because Century Park North residents always have to walk so far to get a meal in. So this will be a lovely addition so we all won’t have to walk so far, especially when we are tired,” Jones said. “I just can’t wait for it to open so that maybe my RA and all my hall mates could go and eat all together.”

Senior business administration major Kaitlyn Myers said she is most interested in the healthy menu options Oath Pizza provides.

“I looked at the menu for Oath, and I am genuinely excited to try it,” Myers said.

Oath Pizza has more than just pizza on the menu. Desserts, salads, breakfast options and sides are available as well. Some of the sides include cheesy breadsticks, Beyond Meatballs, apple slices and Miss Vickie’s Kettle-Cooked Potato Chips.

Oath Pizza is open Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. until midnight. Saturday through Sunday it will be open at 6 p.m. until midnight. Oath Pizza will also be added as a dining location on the Grubhub app, which students can use to skip the line and order ahead of time.

The restaurant accepts bonus bucks, dining dollars, cash and credit card. The menu can be found online at EagleDining.com or on the Grubhub app. More information can be found at OathPizza.com.