Young Thug’s ‘Punk’ isn’t that great

Young Thug’s ‘Punk’ album cover.

Young Thug’s ‘Punk’ album was one of the most anticipated rap albums of this year. With all the great album and music we have received over these past few months, from Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ to Lil Nas X’s ‘Call Me If You Get Lost’, from J. Cole’s ‘The Off-Season’ to Drake’s ‘Certified Lover Boy’, we all expected Thug to come through. We expected an album worthy of a Grammy nomination, or at least a competitor with the other albums that have dropped this year. But ‘Punk’ didn’t even come close to entering the competition, let alone competing.

His album disappointed me to the fullest, despite him having an all-star cast of features. He had Drake, J. Cole, Juice WRLD, Travis Scott, Future and Mac Miller on one album! And did nothing with them! 

The album was mediocre at best and is not even a top 15 album release of the year. I expected more from Young Thug, especially after he destroyed a Rolls-Royce for the promo of the album.

My personal favorite song from the album was “Stupid/Asking”, and that was really one of the few highlights of the project. 

My final score for this album is 5.9/10, and I won’t recommend it to others.