Super Bowl LVI halftime show lives up to expectations

The Super Bowl halftime show is known as one of the largest stages any performer can grace. The game is one of the best events that gets people talking not only about football, but the event’s commercials and live entertainment. 

Most people tune in for the game, while others watch solely for the halftime performances. They both have such a dynamic impact on today’s culture, which is what makes the Big Game so important.

Recently, Super Bowl LVI took place with the Bengals and Rams facing off in a classic game. The battle between Burrow and Stafford was outstanding, but it was not even the best part of the game. 

What captured everyone’s attention was simply the spectacle of the halftime show. This show contained some of the greatest performers of all time with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Mary J. Blige and it lived up to its hype.

All eyes were on Snoop as he kicked off things with his classic hit, ‘The Next Episode.’ Next, he was joined by Dre for a rendition of the West Coast classic ‘California Love.’

50 Cent followed with a surprise appearance and performed his 2003 banger, ‘In Da Club.’ His performance was then followed by Mary J. Blige’s energetic set. 

She sang her 2001 hit “Family Affair.” The R&B singer then followed that up with an emotional performance of ‘No More Drama.’

K-Dot then graced the field and delivered an outstanding performance of his song ‘Alright,’ followed with a snippet of  ‘m.A.A.d. City.’ His set was the most anticipated and enjoyable to watch since he’s been out of the spotlight recently.  

Dr. Dre reemerged to introduce Eminem, who rapped the chorus to ‘Forgot About Dre’ before performing his Oscar-winning track ‘Lose Yourself’  with Anderson Paak backing him up on drums. 

He then ended his set by taking a knee for Colin Kaepernick, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, who kneeled in 2016 as a sign of protest to bring attention to the police brutality and racial inequality. 

Eminem stayed on one knee as Dr. Dre sat at the piano and played the melody of Tupac’s ‘I Ain’t Mad at Cha’ on the piano as a tribute. 

All of this led back to an epic finale of Dre and Snoop playing “Still D.R.E.’

While some are debating whether this is the greatest Super Bowl halftime show ever, there is one thing that is certain: the show lived up to its expectations.