‘Burg-born band to record live album

On Dec. 3, former H-Burgers Oh, Jeremiah will perform a show downtown at the Thirsty Hippo.

Unlike most shows, this one will be a live album recording featuring a string quartet. Within the past year, band members Jeremiah Stricklin and Erin Raber have married, moved to Athens and released a new album.

“My influences range from Paul Simon to Vampire Weekend to Louis CK and Bo Burnham,” Stricklin said. “I don’t believe musicians are the only ones doing the influencing in my life. Erin loves Frank Sinatra and 50s jazz.”

Lately, the Stricklin family has seen some major life changes – they have been touring North America.

“This is has been the first year where music has paid all of our bills and feels like a grown-up job,” Stricklin said. “Moving to Athens was a really tough decision but helped us get out of where we felt too comfortable. We’ve been stretched to the point of hurting, and it’s been wonderful for us. Our album is finally alive and moving around the real world. It feels good to hear everyone’s response to it.”

The band released “The Other End of Passing Time,” their newest album, in August. Soon after, Oh, Jeremiah played a successful album release show at the Thirsty Hippo. Saturday’s show may see similar success.

“We’re playing with a string quartet because it was one of the first things we ever wanted to do when we started Oh, Jeremiah,” Stricklin said. “Erin was raised playing in string quartets and orchestras, and it’s her home. I’ve always wanted to play with a string quartet, even when I was in rock bands in high school.”

Tickets can be purchased on the Thirsty Hippo’s website.

“The Other End of Passing Time” is out now and can be purchased on iTunes or found on Spotify. It can also be found on vinyl at T-Bones Records and Cafe.