USM Escape Room

USM Escape Room

The Payne Center’s monthly Escape Room is open. Students from all over campus, and even off campus come to the event. This Idea started with ex-employee Jason Darby, the associate director at the time.   

“Our associate director at the time brought this idea because it was something he liked to do, and then the more we investigated, what we think students would do it or not?” said Mark Crager, Director of Campus Recreation.  

They were willing to give this idea a chance. So, over the pass few visit students were excited and shock over the how complicated it was. The staff took their time with the process, and it came out a success. From the hard work and the price range it was afforded for students to participate in this event.  

“I think what shock them the most, when they first coming in, because that’s a lot I’ve seen, especially the freshmen and everything like oh wow, it’s not quite what I expected,” said Pamela Bullard, Assistant Director of Budgets and Operations for Campus Recreation  

“They’re exited as a team when they’ve uncovered one of the puzzles and solve something. They don’t beat each other up on each other,” said Pamela Bullard, Assistant Director of Budgets and Operations for Campus Recreation  

It can be up to nine people on the team, and a minimum of two in which they prefer more. The escape room is a great experience and very recommend that you and have your intake on it.   

“One of the reasons we chose to bring escape room here, we were looking for alternative program ideas of how we could bring additional things for students to do on campus that they could find that maybe they weren’t already finding on campus” says April Jordan, Assistant Director of Marketing for Campus Recreation.  

Nevertheless, they wanted to make an impact on campus for the student, they event had faculty to go through it and try it out. So, come out and join the escape room. For information, students can make a reservation on usm.edu/campus-recreation, click on Eagle escape, and it will take you there.