Hattiesburg Zoo celebrates annual Zoo Boo

The Hattiesburg Zoo is hosting its 11-night spooktacular event Zoo Boo. This event is held every year to bring some frights and scares to the community.

The zoo is welcoming guests in to enjoy a night full of fun and scares through October 30th. The gates open at 5:30 and the event ends at 8:30. Guests can buy tickets online at the Hattiesburg Zoo website or purchase tickets at the gate, but be warned there is a limit of guests that can buy tickets at the gate.

The guest service supervisor at the zoo shared why the event is held and their hopes for the event.

“If you want to come out and share some memories and laughs and maybe a fright or two the Hattiesburg Zoo is happy to welcome you in, if you dare,” said Amado Luna. “The zoo team is excited to show off their hard work and spooky decorations to their guests and can not wait to share memories with families.”

Not only will guests have a fun night of scares, but the zoo also has some more fun news. Animal Curator Kristen Moore shares the newest highlight in the zoo.

“Everything is new and exciting here at the zoo,” Moore said. “We have had a lot of new animals come in over the last few months, and these are our new spider monkey, howler monkey, a giraffe, and a new Malayan tiger.”

With the arrival of a few new faces at the zoo, the team is excited for the guests to come out and enjoy the spooky season while admiring the new family members.

For more information on your local Hattiesburg zoo and more events to come make sure to follow them on social media or visit their website at HATTIESBURGZOO.com. This spooky season, do not forget to come out for a scare.