Old and new: top five album releases for fall

Prince will release his new album "Art, Official Age" Tuesday.
Prince will release his new album “Art, Official Age” Tuesday.

As fall draws near, one desires a chilly afternoon, while wrapped in a blanket with headphones, a cup of Joe and his or her favorite new playlist. For this fall, there is a few surprises.  A mix between old and new artists like Stevie Nicks and Prince take center stage with their new albums, while Lady Gaga creates a fresh melody and collaborates with jazz legend Tony Bennett. Check out the top five albums worth listening to (and adding to your fall playlist) with the first cold snap.

1. Prince “Art, Official Age” 

Release date: Sept. 30

The 1980s pop icon has once again found his way back into the music universe. Fuse TV said many tracks on the new album are everything we love about funky, classic Prince. The megastar has 40 top singles in his career as well as producing 10 platinum albums. Let’s hope his 11th album strikes our fancy as much as the last.

2. Adele “25” -rumored title

Release Date: TBA

Adele’s smoky, sultry voice is sure to not disappoint this fall with her third record. Her harmonious lyrics about love and being in your 20s will never get old. The star supposedly leaked her new album name by tweeting this on her birthday: “Bye bye 25, see you again later in the year.” Don’t we all wish we could sing about our experiences at 25. 

3. Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett “Cheek to Cheek”

Release Date: Sept. 23

Gaga goes back to her roots with Bennett and creates a video singing the duo “Anything Goes.” Before Gaga was a mega celebrity, she would sing and play piano in New York jazz clubs. Quite the charmer without all the makeup and extravagant costumes.  You go Gaga, I could see her circa 1925 with a flapper dress, fake eyelashes and possibly a lace veil- just to keep her well-known edge. This new album should be a hit for the young and the old.

4. Stevie Nicks “24 Karat Gold- Songs from the Vault” 

Release Date: Oct. 7

Former Fleetwood Mac front woman will reveal songs written during her time with her beloved band members. This album should be a masterpiece waiting to happen and I envision songs that mirror “Rhiannon” and “Dreams.” I beg for this album to go vinyl so I can play it for hours on my turntable. Thanks Stevie for always making a comeback and keeping old school music alive.

5. Lil Wayne “The Carter V” 

Release Date: Oct. 28

Rumor is Weezy is retiring with this final album of the Carters. Fuse TV said the list of collaborations is much anticipated with artists like Kanye West, J. Cole, The Game and Birdman. I am truly a fan of Carter’s first and second albums with my favorite songs being “Shooter” and “La La La.” This was before Weezy decided to sing with a vulgar tongue. Maybe he will revert to his old ways and create something that is appealing to all listeners.