Scott Hall welcomes students Jan. 9

Scott+Hall+welcomes+students+Jan.+9+

Caption: An artist’s rendering of Scott Hall, which is the most recent addition to the Century Park South residential complex. Photo from www.usm.edu

Scott Hall, the most recent addition to the Century Park South residential complex at The University of Southern Mississippi, opened its doors Jan. 9 for students. According to usm.edu, the hall will feature the new Moffitt Health Center, which is scheduled to open in late spring.

“Many people worked to see Scott Hall delivered in time for the start of the spring semester,” said Scott Blackwell, director of Residence Life at Southern Miss, according to the Southern Miss website.

This residential complex provides modern living for students and includes 954 beds for freshmen and scholarship students. The complex comprises of three buildings, with five floors in each structure. Blackwell said about 200 students will occupy Scott Hall.

He said a ribbon-cutting and dedication ceremony for Scott Hall is planned for April 9.

Century Park South includes many modern features including:

Student kitchen lounge on each floor containing oversized chairs and ottomans, wall-mounted 50-inch HDTVs, full-size refrigerator/freezers, sinks, microwave ovens and in-wall ovens

-Two study rooms
-Laundry facilities on the first floor
-Two single, bunkable beds in each room
-Two desks/chairs in each room
-Entertainment unit in each room
-Two chest of drawers in each room
-Private bath with shower in each room