Spring into Fitness with free drinks, nutrition and exercise tips

All students, faculty and staff at The University of Southern Mississippi can join PINC Media Group for FREE Fitness and Energy Drinks on Thursday, March 26 outside the Thad Cochran Center between the hours of noon and 2 p.m.

PINC Media Group, a student-run public relations agency is hosting the event as part of the Get Up and Go Initiative, a campaign to encourage students to incorporate fitness into their mornings by going to the Payne Center to jump start a healthier lifestyle.

Students sometimes lack the motivation to workout because of school demands and schedule conflicts. However research shows that working out in the morning is a great way to boost productivity and boost mood-enhancing endorphins.

The key to any health and fitness routine is to mix it up and keep things interesting.

In order to encourage students to try something new, students will have the chance to be entered to win a grand-prize gift basket filled with healthy snacks if they post a photo of one of their workouts at the Payne Center or one of their healthy meals and tag PINC Media Group (@PINCMG) on Instagram. The basket also includes a gift certificate to try a barre class at Pure Barre Hattiesburg.

PINC Media Group is also celebrating National Nutrition Month and will be providing tips for healthy breakfast options that will help students fuel up for morning workouts.

Information will be provided on the Payne Center’s hours, morning classes and what the gym has to offer students.

This is also a great time for students to give some feedback about what they are looking for at the Payne Center and how the Payne Center can provide the best fitness experience for them in the future.

For more information visit facebook.com/pincmediagroup. For Payne Center hours and class offerings visit usm.edu/rec-sports.

This is a press release from PINC Media Group. Written by Mercedes Livingston.