Alpha Chi hosts “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” Thursday

The University of Southern Mississippi Alpha Chi Omega sorority will host its first philanthropy event, “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” Thursday, April 16 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Pride Field. The sorority’s co-sponsor is Southern Miss Student Counseling Services and there will also be a “Take Back the Night rally,” according to a USM press release. The sorority’s main philanthropic cause centers on domestic and sexual violence. Event proceeds will support the Shafer Center for Crisis Intervention, which serves all survivors of sexual violence.

Event schedule:

*5:30-6:30 p.m. Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – A fun-filled awareness walk where fraternity students, male students, male community members and prominent male campus leaders/professors will walk a mile in women’s red heels. Females are welcome to join.

*6:30-7 p.m. Enjoy live music, food, socializing and find out more about the Shafer Center.

*7-8 p.m. Take Back the Night Rally – Learn more about Domestic and Sexual Violence as speakers tell their stories and spread awareness.

For more information, contact Rachel Adinolfi at [email protected] or call 504.232.1146.