SMAC hoat Blizzards of Buck Game Show

Raven Payne
Students at USM were able to participate in the classic Blizzard of Bucks Game Show at the Joe Paul Student Theater. Students could participate in the game and earn up to $500.

SMAC hosts Blizzard of Bucks Game Show

The Southern Miss Activities Council (SMAC) recently hosted its Blizzard of Bucks Game Show at the Joe Paul Theater on campus to give USM students opportunities for food, fun, fellowship, and prizes.

To participate in the game show, students had to have their names drawn from a hat by the game show host. Then, they competed against each other for three rounds. The three winners then went to the final round where they competed against each other to be declared the final winner. And the game’s final winner went to the money machine to try to capture as many dollars as possible for a chance to win up to $500.

Brishell Gray, a general body member of SMAC, spoke on her experience about being involved with the event.

“Honestly, it was a huge surprise for me,” she said. “And it was a huge surprise for everybody else because we thought it was going to be more trivia. But there were actually a lot more games going on. So, it was pretty surprising.”

Students went through different games of rolling toilet tissues as fast you can, knocking over cups as fast as you can by using your head and panty hose, removing cups as fast as you can to reach a certain cup, moving your body to get an high percentage on a pedometers, stuffing balloons in your parachute pants to beat the other person, flipping clips and making it on the pan to beat the other person, and move a toothbrushes with a bill cap on your head.

“It was real money,” Gray said. “It wasn’t dining bucks or motion picture money. It was real money.”

SMAC is a student-run, student-funded organization offering educational and entertaining programs to complement the Southern Miss academic experience. SMAC strives to enhance the overall college experience for all Southern Miss students by focusing on diverse and inclusive events to increase retention rates at the university.

For more information on SMAC events or how to join the organization, visit their Instagram page at @usm_smac.